Tuesday, April 28, 2009
April Gymkhana
Thought I better post these since April is just about gone and May's gymkhana is this weekend! Taytum did all the events by herself this month, and even attempted a trot , but she must have re-thought about it because she pulled right back as soon as Pete got comfy! She did tell me that she wants to trot by herself next time so... we will see! I have been taking her riding with me in the afternoons and I turn her loose in the arena and she just goes! I am so proud of her!After her fall last winter she has been very hesitant about going alone but she is slowly coming around! We just don't want to rush it! On a funny note...ALOT of the kids in Taytums age division ride these miniature horses. They are the fad right now and everybody has them, well except us! AND we will NOT be getting one, anyways, Pete thinks that they are steers and naturally spooks a little when he sees them coming towards him! Any smart horse knows to chase the steer, so that is what he does! We usually have to wait till most kids have had there turn and all the mini's are out of the way for Tater to go ahead and go!



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment