Monday, August 30, 2010

First day of Kindergarten Fun


This morning Tater came in my room before I was out of bed and asked, " Mom, when will the bus be here to get me?" She was all dressed in one of her new outfits, and ready for me to do her hair!
She rode her bike to the bus stop, then off she went! Fallon, Grandma S and I met her at the school to make sure she made it and she did! She told me it was freezing on the bus and that her new shoes came untied. She played on the playground for a few minutes then into the classroom they all went.
We met her this afternoon at the bus stop again and she rode her bike back home. As she was telling me about her day she remembered that her teacher gave her some M&M's and she left them on the bus. Poor girl broke down into a hysterical cry and sat on her bed bawling over her M&M's! I promised her I would take her to get some more tomorrow! Next time she will remember to put everything in her backpack.She also told me that all the big kids on the bus in the afternoon would not let her sit down and kept pushing her! She said she stood the whole way home! That girl can sure tell some serious stories!!! We are so proud of our Tater Bug and the big girl that she is becoming, although I would like to freeze time I am a pretty proud mommy!




4 comments:

AMY said...

Oh my goodness. She is so cute! I cant believe that she is in kidergarten already. How rude of the older kids to pick on her. That makes me so mad! You have such a cute lil family.

Lauren said...

Aw darn, I always hated the bus.
She she is a beauty. Great first day pics! :)

Nat Lud said...

She is a doll. Brooklynn is always telling me crazy bus stories too. Never a dull moment! :) HOpe she has a great year!

Allie said...

Oh, I hate those mean kids for her. Hope she has a great year. How is Fallon doing without her? My younger ones wander around a couple of days trying to figure out what to do with themselves.