Picking berries off the trees
Riding through the cows with Daddy
The girls both rode out in the hills this year. Fallon loved it, Tater not so much, she would rather be on her 4-wheeler. When we got back to the corral Taytum bailed off her horse, Fallon just wanted to ride with dad! Ed came out and BBQ'd hamburgers and we all enjoyed lunch in the hills!
After lunch we all got to work. I didn't really do much but keep track of the # heifers and steers, and chase Fallon around,and snap pics, but you know, somebody has to do the HARD work!
Big Boss Man Sam!
Come back here you little booger
Not all happy cows live in California
Taytum was a big helper again this year. She was in charge of spraying all the steer calves and handing the shots to whoever yelled for them! She felt pretty important, and it's good for her to learn to work for her dinner! She took a little gatorade break and picked me some wildflowers, which reminds me they are still in my bag!
Now that is some handy work... a baby and a branding iron! I knew I married him for a reason!
Ed just wanted to show us all he can still rope a calf!
And the best part of my day was this!
4 comments:
I love the pictures.
Looks like fun, well kinda:) The girls are too funny! Taters hair is getting so long
You are so funny! I love your commentary.
Mark just helped my dad brand the other day. They do it in the corral with the shoot. You guys are awesome, old school like real cowboys! My dad didn't even get his horse out. :P
Kristen the comments to your pictures are hilarious. As I'm laughing I keep thinking "is steer branding supposed to be so funny?"
Post a Comment