Our Great Uncle Don Beaty passed away last week so, Trisha, Josie, Grandma Ann, Fallon and I took a little trip back to Illinois to go to the funeral and visit our family! Trisha and I hadn't been there sine we were six and seven years old- and NOTHING has changed! We had a great time, Lots of food and family! Grandma is one of nine children and they were all able to be there! What a great reunion for them all! I didn't realize I had so many cousins! The babies did great on the plane and slept most of the time- good little travelers!
We arrived at Aunt Barb's late Friday night and visited with Aunt Linda and Aunt Betty and her daughter Janie till about 2am. The next morning we where up early to get ready for the service, and Barb was fixing a huge breakfast and trying to force feed all us girls! We got to the church and they had a HUGE luncheon prepared for all the family! Soooo much food that they had another luncheon the following day for the congregation! The service was very nice, the small Bethel Baptist Church was so crowded even the basement was full and people where standing outside. Say's alot for an old' corn farming sheep herder! Uncle Don will be missed! After the service the whole family came to Aunt Barb's to EAT AGAIN! Sunday morning was another big breakfast and two hours later we went to Aunt Sue and Uncle Ward's for another huge lunch! All those farmer's do is eat! Monday we got to go to Rochester to See Aunt June, then to Uncle Larry and Diane's for a BBQ! Tuesday Grandma and us girls went out to Uncle Don and Aunt Romanza's farm to visit and see the sheep. And see the sheep we did! He has quite a flock of them, fortunately they have all been sold. I love raising lambs, but that was little bit to much!
Wednesday morning we left for the airport at 2:30 am, and I have never been so happy to feel the heat in my life! I missed my Tater and Ryan soo much, and I even came home to a clean house! Lot's of fun, but glad to be home! Thanks to all the Aunt's, Uncle's and cousin's for making sure we didn't go hungry in Illinois! And especially Aunt Barb for letting us invade her house!
3 comments:
WOW--- seeing Gramma Beatys garage sure brings back memories. I can still see her house standing right there and can remember doing corn with her in the garage too. It was a good trip for you and Trisha, I am so glad that you were able to take Gramma back so that she could spend some time with her bros and sisters. You think that you are glad to be home, Tater is glad that you are home too and I am sure that Ryan has a whole new appreciation for finding matching clothes but he did a wanderful job. Kristen --- you have an awesome family.
Love You,
--Mom
Those trees are my favorite too! Justin tried telling me that those are the same as his parents but I sure don't remember them lookin like that!
sure some purty country...
Post a Comment